- General principles
- We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
• Accurate and kept up to date;
• Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about, i.e. in relation to the recruitment exercise;
• Kept securely and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
- Personal data we collect
- In connection with your application, we will collect, use and store the following categories of personal data about you:
• The data you have provided on our application form;
• The data you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae (CV) and the personal data contained in your cover letter;
• Any personal data provided to us about you in the reference letter (if applicable).
We do not collect any personal information unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
- How we will use your personal data
- We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
• Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
• Keep records related to the recruitment processes;
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
If you fail to provide personal data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application, we may not be able to process your application further.
- How long will we keep your personal data
- We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which your personal data was collected, except when further data retention otherwise complies with relevant legal or operational retention needs.
- Who will we share your personal data with
- Your personal data will be shared only amongst the organizations in the FoodTraNet project. For a full list please visit this page.
- Data security
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need-to-know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so
- Automated decision-making
- You will not be subject to any decisions that will have a significant impact on you based on automated decision-making.
- Contact information, data access, correction, deletion, and opt out
- You can contact us any time to:
• answer any questions about how we are using your personal data;
• request access to information that we have on you, including to be provided with a copy of your personal data;
• request to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and/or transmit your personal data to another controller;
• request the restriction of processing of your personal data;
• withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (when we are processing your personal data based on your consent);
• correct any information that we have about you;
• delete information that we have about you;
• complain to your local supervisory authority.
You can contact us at this page.
Issued in May 2021.